Sunday, December 9, 2012

Becca's Beach Tint Blush

Greetings Reader!
Little Background:
I've tried several different kinds of liquid blushes over the years, and I can't say that I've ever really liked them. Essentially, liquid blushes are cheek stains which if applied correctly look fantastic, but when applied incorrectly, looks like a child took a marker to your face. And they are long lasting products that soaks into your skin, so you either have to wait for it to wear off your skin or wash your face and start all over.

Becca's Beach Tint Blush:
I first saw this product in magazines and I thought it looked wonderful, but when I noticed it was a liquid blush I was pretty hesitant to purchase it. A few months after I started seeing this product in magazines, I noticed a video blog post on Lisa Eldridge's website where she sampled this product and demonstrated how to use it. Because of that post, I decided I'd give it a try.

This has to be the easiest and most natural looking liquid blush I've ever used. It's actually more of a cream than a liquid, which might be why it's so easy to apply. It's buildable which I love because sometimes I just want a hint of color to my cheeks and other times I want something more dramatic. Ultimately though, it looks very natural once applied because of it's texture. And if you apply too much of the product, it doesn't soak into your skin immediately so you can wipe the extra product off your face and you don't to have to worry about taking your other make-up off with it either. Which is a huge plus for me! It has a dewy appearance - so this isn't a matte product if you're looking for a matte blush. The product also has a slight scent to it to match whichever color you chose. So, I purchased watermelon and it has a perfumey watermelon scent (not like real fresh watermelon scent). I'm not a big fan of scents in my beauty products, but the scent dissipates fairly quickly on your skin.

Last thing I'm going to say is their customer service is fantastic! Over the summer, this product was not available in my area. Even Sephora's website wasn't carrying the product yet (they have since picked up the line). So I went on their website and looked through their 10 or 12 different shades of beach tint and couldn't figure out which one was best for my skintone. So, I emailed the website and described my general complexion, and I got a call back from one of their consultants with "This is what you should try first. I know you're going to love it. And in the winter months these shades would probably work best for your skin tone. Oh, and we have an amazing return policy so if you feel that this doesn't work or you don't like it - don't hesitate to return it!" Fantastic! And the shade she said I would like the most for summer months (watermelon) was my favorite blush to wear during the summer months. 

Bottom Line:
This is a great product and well worth the money. It's $25 for 7ml which seems expensive, but you only need a couple drops on either cheek for full coverage that lasts 6 or 7 hours. I've been using mine since about July almost every day, and it looks like it's hardly been used.

I hope this helps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment