Thursday, December 6, 2012

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Fleur de Lotus

Greetings Reader!
Little Background:
I don't own many Chanel products. Why? Because of the cost. It's truly the only reason. Just like Dior, Chanel creates fantastic beauty products, but if I only bought Chanel or Dior - I'd live in a cardboard box.  And probably not even a nice cardboard box because of how expensive their products can be. Having said that, sometimes I save up and avoid lesser expensive products for something really nice.

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush:
Case in point. I've seen this blush in magazines for a while. I love Kiera Knightley's make-up since she became the spokeswoman for Chanel. Lisa Eldridge, who is an amazing make-up artist, recently did her make-up for the world premier of Anna Karenina. Absolutely stunning! And it was because of this particular post on her website where she used the Chanel Joues Contraste powder blush in Rose Initiale (72) on Kiera Knightley that I decided it was time to try out Chanel's blush.

I went to my local Chanel counter and was pleasantly overwhelmed by all of the beautiful shades of blush they had on display. The Chanel associate came over and started telling me about how fantastic this product was (like I needed her telling me.) I mentioned the Rose Initiale color and she put it on my skin and it was beautiful, but she said, "you know what? That's a really pretty color on you, but we have a new limited edition color, Fleur de Lotus (69), that will suit you much better." So, I took off the Rose Initiale and put on the Fleur de Lotus - and damn it if she wasn't right!  

Pros:
~ Long lasting. I've worn it for 10 hours and the color remains just as beautiful as when I first put it on.
~ Beautiful pinky coral color.
~ Very pigmented. A little goes a long way.
~ It's buildable.
~ No shimmer or glitter.
~ Silky application and finish.
~ Natural looking. Kind of like it's enhancing the glow within your skin.
~ Soft and feminine.
~ Fantastic packaging.

Cons:
~ It has a scent. It smells like roses, but it's not subtle. It's more of a very perfume-type rose scent. I'm not a fan, but luckily the scent on your skin disappears after a few minutes. 
~ Expensive. It's $43 for 0.14 oz.

Note Bene: 
The term "joues contraste" translates to "cheeks contrast" - which we call blush. 

I hope this helps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment