Wednesday, December 19, 2012

MAC's Bronzing Powder


Greeting Reader!
Little Background:
MAC's is a fantastic make-up brand for those who haven't tried them out yet. I love their products even though I don't buy them all that often. Why? Because MAC is designed as stage make-up/performer's make-up. It's meant to stand up against anything and to look just as great 8 hours on. Having said that, I find that a lot of their products are super heavy. I'm not a fan of heavy products. When my skin can't breathe, I am more likely to get break-outs. I used their foundation for a little while 5 years ago, and while my face looked fantastic when the foundation was on, as soon as I took it off my skin looked like shit. It's a shame really, but what can you do?

MAC's Bronzing Powder:
I bought this powder in Golden over 5 years ago, and it works as well today as it did when I bought it! I figured it would have oxidized by now, but it hasn't. It's still goes on smooth and is incredibly long lasting. And when I say it's long lasting, I mean at least 8 hours of beautiful color. 

Since this is a bronzer, I don't use it very much. Some times I'll use it for contouring, but other times (mainly in January and February when I'm at my palest) I use it as a blush to add a hint of color or highlight my cheek bones. As I've stated already, I'm pretty pale (not fair). I don't go to tanning salons anymore as that just damages your skin faster and worse than if you went to the beach without sunscreen, but the downside is I look extra pale come January and February.

Another great feature to this product is that it's buildable. It's not heavy like many of MACs other products, so you can take your time applying it to make sure you get the exact look you want. The color is matte which is a huge plus for me. I'm not a fan of shimmer or glitter in my general face products.

Bottom Line:
I really don't know what else to say about this. It's a fantastic product. It costs $24 for 0.35 oz which is a steal when you imagine that I am still using the first one I purchased 5 years later!

I hope this helps. :)

2 comments: