Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dior Addict Extreme Lipstick



Greetings Reader!
I've always been a lip balm/lip gloss kind of girl. Lipstick always seemed incredibly cumbersome to me with the necessary multiple reapplications per day. Not to mention if you’re wearing a darker shade and eat or drink– you end up having a ring of color around your lips while the center remains lipstick free. And, even the higher end lipsticks felt as if they were drying out my lips.

So, to say that I've never been a big lipstick kind of girl would be accurate. However, in August I stumbled across Dior’s Addict Extreme lipstick in Avenue (667). This is a super creamy, moisturizing, gorgeous lipstick! The beauty consultant at my local Sephora even raved about how incredibly long lasting this lipstick was.

I bought it and tried it out and it is a really fantastic lipstick. Having said that- it is not long lasting. Without food or drink, the initial color lasted 30-minutes, and then a secondary beautiful color takes over for the next 2-to-3 hours (perhaps that’s the stain effect). The secondary color isn’t as rich as the initial color, but it is still very beautiful. And when it fades, it doesn’t fade to an awful color or become chalky like most lipsticks I’ve found. It really just kind of fades away.

I didn’t notice a taste. It’s not sticky at all. If you eat or drink something, it will come off almost immediately. But even with it’s fading, I really love the color, and will buy it again when I run out. It’s a bit pricey at $30, but I’ve used this lipstick almost every day with 2 or 3 reapplications since August and I’m not even a quarter of the way down the tube. Oh, and packaging is fantastic!

I hope this helps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment