Tuesday, December 4, 2012

NARS Blush in Super Orgasm

Greetings Reader!
Little Background:
I'm sure most of the people who read this blog have heard of Nars blush in Orgasm. That shade has a cult following all it's own. Now I personally do not own Nars blush in Orgasm because every time I've gone into a store to sample the shade, it always ends up being during summer. As with most people, I'm a little bit tanner in the summer and since I have pink and yellow undertones to my skin - the shade just didn't work for me. I kept reapplying and finally gave up at 3 applications. Since it's December now, I'll probably give it a try later this week when I'm at the mall to finally figure out whether I like it or not, but its definitely not an all-year-round blush for me.

Nars Blush in Super Orgasm:
So, while I was already at the store sampling the Nars blush in Orgasm, I noticed the newer shade, Super Orgasm, and decided that I'd give it a try. Maybe the sample in the store had less glitter because it had been sampled so many times before, but I absolutely loved this color. Stila used to have a shade in their magnetic pots line that was similar, but this was even prettier. So I bought it and this is what I think. 

Pros:
~ Beautiful pink color with a touch of peach. The regular Orgasm shade is the opposite. It's predominately a peach color with a hint of pink.
~ Velvet-like appearance. 
~ Long lasting.

Cons: 
~ Enough glitter to make whore blush! And they are large glitter flecks. The regular Orgasm shade is more of a shimmer which is manageable for regular use.

Bottom Line:
I'm not going to repurchase this when I run out. It was $28, and it's probably going to dry out before I ever get close to finishing it. I don't know how long that will be as it's a premium blush, but still - it's not worth repurchasing for myself because (with all of it's glitter) it only has a very special purpose for me and that is going out in the evening. Christmas is coming, so perhaps this is something that I'd wear to a holiday party, but I like to wear make-up that doesn't distract people or draw attention to one area. Plus, when I wore it to work a few times, my co-workers pointed it out. They asked me why I had glitter on my face at 7 am. If you don't mind glitter on your face, you'll love the color! It's just not my thing.

I think I may have set a record for how many times someone could say "orgasm" on a beauty blog. Win!

I hope this helps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment