Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chanel's Blending Foundation Brush #7

Greetings Reader!
Little Background:
I've never been a big fan of foundation's brushes. All of the ones I've tried in the past (Sephora's, MACs, Clinique's, etc) didn't work. Perhaps I didn't have the right technique or I wasn't using the right foundation, but it always looked like I was wearing a mask. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't blend the foundation enough. Even when I would ask the associate at whatever store I was at to apply my foundation using one of their brushes, when they handed me the mirror I could still see the foundation on my skin. So in lieu of a brush I would use my fingers and then when I was done, I would gently buff my skin with a tissue to make sure that my foundation looked flawless. 

Chanel's Blending Foundation Brush #7:
And all of that was true until I purchased Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua. I asked the associate to apply the foundation with one of her foundation brushes. I thought she was going to use the Chanel Foundation Brush #6 (since that was the one I had seen most on YouTube and such. But she didn't, she used Brush #7. And that was how I came to purchase my first and only foundation brush.

This brush is dense with medium stiffness and a feathery soft brush head.This can be used on foundation, blush, and bronzer flawlessly! You don't have to be a make-up artist to be able to use this brush. I'm by no means a professional at make-up application, but even I manage to make my foundation look as if it's been airbrushed when I complete blending. Fantastic!

Bottom Line:
It's $54 well spent! It even comes in the signature Chanel black velvet case which is very convenient when I have to travel with my brush. No regrets so far. And other than the price, I can't think of a con. Give it a try the next time you're in the market for a foundation brush. I promise it won't disappoint.

I hope this helps. :)

1 comment: